Cmdwiz - 54 operation cmd helper tool (now with Unicode)

Discussion forum for all Windows batch related topics.

Moderator: DosItHelp

penpen
Expert

Re: Cmdwiz - 54 operation cmd helper tool (now with Unicode)

#61 Post by penpen » 03 Jun 2024 16:29

If i remember correcty, then 'cmdwiz.exe gettime' should return the passed time since system start in milliseconds.
The return value is an integer, so you probably got an overflow, which is at least (uint) (-421671808) milliseconds, which is 44 days, 19 hours, 54 minutes, 55 seconds, 488 milliseconds.
If your PC didn't run that long, you should check your time and date (and if that has changed to a false value, then you should also search for a reason).

penpen

lazna

#62 Post by lazna » 05 Jun 2024 12:44

Please, read my post carefully, I have posted actual date and time, and boot date and time. So you can simply see the data and possibly perform debug computation.

penpen
Expert

#63 Post by penpen » 06 Jun 2024 05:13

Above i only can see your Windows date and time, but your BIOS also tracks date and time on its own and depending on the function to detrmine time might affect the result.

penpen

lazna

#64 Post by lazna » 06 Jun 2024 05:59

am I understand it correctly, that your utility read boot, actual or both times from RTC, and not from OS??

penpen
Expert

#65 Post by penpen » 06 Jun 2024 17:18

It's not my utility, so without seeing the source code, I can only make more or less educated guesses. Therefore I can't say for sure that, what you described above, is caused by changes in OS and BIOS time.
I only can say that unexpected changes to date and time might lead to unexpected issues and software behaviour (though mainly with older software), so i would check that (given that checking that doesn't cost much time if BIOS and OS date and time didn't change).

penpen

lazna

#66 Post by lazna » 07 Jun 2024 01:44

penpen wrote:
06 Jun 2024 17:18
It's not my utility, so without seeing the source code, I can only make more or less educated guesses. Therefore I can't say for sure that, what you described above, is caused by changes in OS and BIOS time.
I only can say that unexpected changes to date and time might lead to unexpected issues and software behaviour (though mainly with older software), so i would check that (given that checking that doesn't cost much time if BIOS and OS date and time didn't change).

penpen
Sorry fro that, for some reason I think you are an author :-/

There were no 'unexpected changes' on my laptop. Utility display data correctly after reboot (resetting uptime), without any date/time changes.