Needing some help with moving multiple files at once to main folders

Discussion forum for all Windows batch related topics.

Moderator: DosItHelp

DawnB88

Needing some help with moving multiple files at once to main folders

#1 Post by DawnB88 » 07 May 2024 09:41

Okay here is the issue I'm currently having: I have just recently started working on my kodi setup again and have about 30 movies completed but am having some issues with some older folders and files I have worked on a while ago over a year or so ago actually. And now this way of setting up files is no longer being used.

So here is what I have done to some files through "Media Companion" apparently I could add my own trailers to the movies by placed a file titled Trailer inside a folder on the main movie folder titled Featurettes but nope that's not correct. So now I need to delete the extra folders and rename each of the files like this movie title (YEAR)-trailer and just placed it where the main movie file is located. I have a few hundred movies and am not sure how many trailers I need to move and to rename.

So is there a way to move all the Trailers files from Featurettes to there main movie folders at once and then rename all the Trailers from Trailers to Movie Title (YEAR)-trailer all at once.

here is what I was thinking of doing:

(1) find all of the main movie folders that include a "Featurette" folder and then copy as path then I can take the names from the location by using notepad++ and then just using the naming to move the .mp4 file inside the Featurettes folder to the main folder.
(2) and then change the name of each Trailer to the names of the folders and adding a -trailer at the end. Is something like this possible. I'm not sure how to really use batch but I was hoping this would take a bit less time then working on this for hours and hours until each thing is done correctly.